세이프원

Why No One Cares About Audi G28

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Bell
댓글 0건 조회 2회 작성일 24-09-21 21:50

본문

How to Replace an Audi G28 Engine Speed Sensor

Charles the Humble Technician teaches how to replace the G28 Engine Speed Sensor. This sensor is located on the edge of the transmission just above the flywheel ring gear. It transmits a signal to the ECU via a grey wire T55/49, then to the tachometer on the instrument cluster.

holding-car-keys-woman-in-formal-clothes-is-indoo-2021-12-27-15-52-03-utc-min-scaled.jpg1. Engine Speed Sensor

The grey wire is located on the outside of the transmission, just above the flywheel ring. The sensor sends an electrical signal through the grey wire to pin T55/49. The ECU utilizes this information to regulate boost and fuel. It also sends an indication to the G5 tachometer in the instrument cluster.

The sensor is used as a reference for comparing with the G40 Camshaft Position Sensor. The ecu must know when the crankshaft has reached TDC and also the position of the camshaft, so that it can activate the spark and injectors.

If this sensor fails, the ECU will display a P00160 error message. This means that the Crank Shaft is out of sync with the Intake Camshaft. It could also indicate a chain stretch or a jumped chain link in the upper chain. The code will not appear without the additional information supplied by other sensors (G4 or G40).

Testing is a bit challenging as there are two different pins for the connector and they perform different functions but the best method to test it is to measure resistance between the sensor and the ECU. When the sensor is fully operational, it should be reading about 1000 ohms. Examine for signs of coolant or oil in the connector bay if you have issues with this component.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, while accelerating from the highway paytoll at full speed, i noticed a huge drop in power. It was as if the engine was running out of gas. Or my injectors were not firing. I pulled out the spark plugs this morning and found that 3 were soaked with gasoline and the 4th was dry. I put a piece of tissue over each injector hole, and when i start the engine with no sparks, the 3 that have gazoline pop right out. The 4th one stays closed. I checked the ground connection on ECU pins 14/55,30/55 and 48/55 i get zero Ohm. I'm assuming that the issue is somewhere else.

I also tried to reset the PID without success. The car key cover audi is able to start when the G28 is disconnected and is running fine when it is connected but it still has intermittent misfire issues at higher RPM. The temperature sensor for the coolant (G62) shows the wrong temp value -49c, even if I unplug it. Also i noticed that the gauge for oil pressure in the cockpit is showing 2 bar, whereas the actual pressure is 0.0 when I crank up the engine.

I'm not sure what to do. I believe that I've ruled everything else out. But i am afraid I may have missed something. If anyone has any ideas please chime in! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump of the g28 receives a signal from the RPM sensor. The GM-style sensor is the same as the G4 and both function in the 80 100, 200, UrS and RS2 cars which is why you can easily locate one at a junkyard or from a parts store. It is simple to test them - simply switch your DMM into resistance mode and determine the distance between pins 1 and 2 (with the bump at the connector end facing up). They should be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

The ECU of our 20vt turbo (3B AAN ABY ADU) engines must know both the position and speed the crankshaft to determine fuel injector timing, etc. It utilizes a Crank Position Sensor G4 and an Engine Speed Sensor G28 to accomplish this. If you encounter a problem with either of these sensors, the diagnostic scanner will display the codes that could trigger an engine shutdown.

A damaged G28 sensor could result in an inaccurate gearbox speed counter, a gearbox that shifts faster than normal, and/or a misfire in the gear. It is possible that your sensor is failing and requires to be replaced if you experience any of these symptoms. The good news is that they are very affordable and easy to find, especially when you're looking at a Bosch unit like ours. Alternatively, GM's version of this component is an excellent choice.

5. Tachometer

A malfunctioning engine speed sensor could be the cause of many problems in your car. It's a crucial component of the transmission in your audi car keys replacement tt replacement car key audi key, relevant internet site, since it sends information to the ECU on how fast or slowly the engine is spinning. If the sensor fails, it can cause problems for the transmission as well as the other car's components.

The G5 engine speed sensor is situated on the outside of the transmission, above the flywheel ring gear and sends a signal directly to the ECU at pin T55/49, via a grey wire. The ECU uses this signal to regulate fuel and boost, and also timig. It also relays it to the G5 Tachometer inside the instrument cluster. You can check the sensor for any failure by checking the continuity between it and the tachometer, between the ECU pin T55/49 and the instrument cluster connection to pin T6a/1 (trace [79]) and between pin T6a/1 and the instrument cluster pin T26a/12. You should see a resistance of approximately 1000 ohms between these points. This is a standard part that is found across the Audi 80, 100 200, UrS and RS2 range from 1985 MC until the 1997 UrS AAN and 1995 RS2 ADU, so the best ones could be available in wrecking yards.Saab-logo.jpg

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.